Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Juliana Urrego


 Juliana Urrego works on contemporary design, architecture, photography and creative projecs in Miami. 



When did you decide to make art your career?

I do not think it was ever a conscious decision. I developed a love for architecture early on and that led to an interest in art and photography. I've been able to grow more as an artist because of my formal education as an architect. When I design, I relate the hierarchy of graphic elements (color, typography, shapes) to that of architectural elements.

Why do you think many people stop on the way in pursuing their dream?

I think people stop pursuing dreams because they allow themselves to derail. As long as you have a clear picture of where you want to be, nothing should stop that. There is no greater reward than accomplishing a dream or goal, no matter how big or small.

What are you working on right now?

Right now I am collaborating with Kaleidoscope Collective on the design for the Jai-Alai Magazine cover and website. The magazine is a limited edition, biannual periodical with the goal of documenting literary life in Miami, Florida between 2010 and 2015. (See www.jaialaimag.org). 



If you could give young artists some advice, what would it be?

Being a young designer myself the best piece of advice I can give is to embrace the creative process. Each of us grows a great deal when we embark in a creative process regardless of your career. It leads us to build a strong foundation which we continously build upon. 

Kaleidoscope Collective Work, see at www.julianaurrego.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...