I haven't been able to write a lot about my time in New York - I guess it has been the pace of this city but also because so many exciting things have happened since I came here. This city has taught me so many great things about pursuing your dream, things I would have never even considered before! I have tried to compose a small list and share it with you -
1. Don't be afraid to take chances. Even if what you are about to do seems humiliating at first. Even if it means standing in the glaring sun for about 6 hours. It will get you there eventually.
2. Be persistent. Even if it means you have to tell your story over and over again. To about 100 people.
3. Don't always take a "Let's be in touch" seriously. It is just a figure of speech. It could be a maybe. It could mean nothing at all.
4. It's all about your attitude which defines your own happiness - at least it seems like New Yorkers live by that rule: If you tell a taxi driver in New York that you just had the best day of your life they might give you a 30 min. lecture on "taking chances" and "grabbing opportunities." isn't that great? And then they start telling you how anything is possible in America...
5. Do not give up. If others know you are serious they will reward it. At some point. (If you are done saying this over and over again to yourself ask someone else to say it to you.)
6. Take a break once in a while. Grab your favorite coffee and sit in the park and let the ideas just come to you.
7. Every day is a new day to start over :)