Sunday, February 20, 2011

Alina Chau "Daring creativity and passion"




Alina Chau is a 3D story artist at LucasFilm. Alina's blog "Ice-Cream Monster Toon Cafe"  is a really nice place to visit, here you can see how she works on her sketches and develops her ideas. Alina's art is also shown in galleries, exhibitions and children picture books in California. 

Did you always know you were going to be an artist?

No.  I wanted to be a rocket scientist as a little kid, but I always loved art.  I didn't figure out my life time career until I went to college.  

If you could choose an old master to work with, who would it be?

I have a long list of old masters, who I admire and often seek inspiration ... that would be a difficult choice.  But, if I have to pick one, I would say Pablo Picasso for his daring creativity and passion in art.

What is the hardest part of art?

Developing new ideas that are unique and challenging myself each time I create a new piece.

Do you have special ways or a routine to get inspired?

I tend to get inspiration from everyday life and personal experience.  But with that being said, like many artists, I get inspired by other artists' wonderful work, music, books, photos ... pretty much anything that intrigues me and invokes my emotion.


                                          
                                                             Alina Chau, http://alinanimation.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...