Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pauline Adair "Every person is so unique"

Pauline Adair is an artist from Queensland, Australia. With tradeyourtalent she speaks about being an artist in Australia, working together with young talents and the creative state she likes most. 







When did you know you wanted to become an artist? 

Since I was about 5 or 6 I think..... I used to make picture story books for my brothers and sisters - looking back now they were hilarious - I wanted to become an artist then, and I still do...!!!

 Your work is about Body Art. What inspires you?

My 4-year-old grandaughter asked me once why I mostly paint people with no clothes on. I answered that it was because I haven't learned to paint the clothes yet.   She looked down her nose at me and said '"Well...... I can paint clothes, and people."Seriously though, I like best of all to paint faces and hands. They, in themselves are so expressive.  The body is just a necessary extra to hold the parts together!  Every person is so unique that I can still name my subjects in my drawings from years ago just by looking at the hands I drew or painted.  

What is it like being an artist in Australia?

Wonderful.... there is so much support for the arts here.  For those who paint the Australian landscape it's a fabulously rich continent of exciting colour, texture and inspiration.

Do you work together with young talents.  What do you learn from them?

I do love to work with young artists.... I sometimes teach workshops for beginners to intermediate, and I love to impart the secrets I've learned over the years. Well, they're not secrets any more....... I do share all the tricks and tips I've learned over the years. On the other hand I always come away having gained a whole lot more knowledge from them as well.  They share back to me!

When are you most creative? 

When I have done all my housework and have nothing on my mind I can then slip into my studio and go into my meditational state of creative conciousness and sometimes unconciousness....where things just happen!  That's the art I like best, and somedays it works, some days it doesn't.... but it's my passion.  I  paint and/or draw every single day if I possibly can... I mean to use up all my paints and I don't want to go to my grave with my paintings still inside me!






6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your blog is filled with arty goodies :D How cool! I'm super glad I saw your comment on my blog!!

    This post is amazing, the art work is amazing! I'll be browsing more often here ^_^.

    Take care!
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.... I love your work too.
      Warmest regards...
      Pauline
      x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much TJ for the lovely words! I'm also glad I found your work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Sue! I'm also looking forward to your work here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really welcome!

    Oh oh I saw the post where you can join the blog exhibition! I'd love to join :D. I'm working on lots of drawings, so I'd love to join when these are finished.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...