Friday, April 15, 2011

Blog Art Exhibition Jennifer Lilya "Pink and Gold"

Jennifer Lilya is a fashion illustrator living in Brooklyn, NY. She loves runway sketching and traditional fashion illustration, but with a modern edge. 






















Interview with Jennifer Lilya

What is it like being an illustrator in the fashion world
In a word, fun! 

Your runway sketches are adored by a lot of your fans. Which fashion shows do you find most inspiring? 
They change from season to season, but right now I’m all about Fall 2011 Prada, Gucci & the Cacharel prints. I also loved the Armani Prive Couture show for all those super shiny jewel tones. Yum!

Your sketches have appeared in famous fashion magazines like Elle. Did you ever imagine coming this far? 
Well, I always wanted it- whether it would happen was a different story. But, yes- I’ve worked really, really hard to get to where I am, so I’m incredibly delighted with how my career is unfolding.

What does your perfect outfit look like? 
In the summer I want cute little girly dresses- fun patterns, kicky skirts.
In the winter I want black & silver from head to toe.
And platform heels, always and forever.

If you could give some advice to young fashion illustrators, what would it be? 
Get inspired, practice, keep a sketchbook with you at all times, and take advantage of free portfolio sites (Coroflot, Behance, Fashion Industry Network are just a few…)


For more work by Jennifer Lilya visit www.jenniferlilya.com

1 comment:

  1. Such lovely illustrations! My fav is the Miu Miu one!
    Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...