Friday, March 11, 2011

Katarzyna Rojek "Open your eyes"

Katarzyna Rojek is an illustrator from Poland studying Fine Arts at Politecnica of Valencia. With tradeyourtalent she speaks about patterns and why it is important to find your own style. 





 Where do you get your own inspiration?
All around the world actually. And all around me in my everyday life.
There are so many really amazing artists just everywhere you look, that it's actually just that thing to open your eyes and have a careful look around. Also, I'm really interested in patterns, so I use to have a walk through the city and find those details on the buildings that are useful later on while creating a pattern. It's like you see something cool and you just want to make a note of it on the paper.


When did you know you wanted to become an artist?
I wouldn't call myself an artist at all. Artist is a person ( in my opinion) that lives art everyday, has it's own workshop, goes to every exposition...and me...I'm just a normal person that always liked to make images;)I draw in my free time. And when don't...I've got  a whole life apart.


Did you ever want to leave the path of becoming an artist?
Make it living a moment. Not thinkin' 'bout the future.I would like to make once a book for children that I would illustrate. I would like a lot of things...;)


Is it hard, being an artist today?
For sure.
There are so many people that create really beautiful things and nobody will ever know that they even exist.


If you worked together with young artists, what advice would you give them?
Don't try to do what others do. Try to find your own style, paint and draw what you've got inside. Put out on the paper the content of ur own mind. Coz the mind is something  unrepeatable.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...