Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Terry Wong "It's always been a part of who I am"


Terry Wong's illustrations are filled with lots of humor. I really enjoy his Mad Men illustration of Christina Hendricks. Terry was not always an illustrator, he started out as a graphic designer in Vancouver. After several years he decided to move into illustration full time. He is a graduate of the Alberta College of Art and Design and the Vancouver Film School. Terry Wong is represented by Anna Goodson Management. 

  Terry Wong: Mad Men, http://agoodson.com/terry-wong/

What are  themes in your work?

Terry: A consistent theme in my work is humor. Being able to look at an article, or story and convey the situation in a concise manner with a humorous component. Growing up I was taught up to find the humor in a situation, as an illustrator I've found that finding the applicable humor helps to engage the viewer right away.

Where do you get your inspiration?

Terry: I try to get inspired anywhere and everywhere. A walk in the park, a stroll through the mall, watching a good movie. Inspiration is everywhere, you just have to be aware of it and let it get to you.

What advice would you give young artists for pursuing a career in art? 

Terry: The more you are like yourself the less you're like anybody else. This is a good thing, ultimately clients will want you for your unique way of looking at the world. 

Could you imagine doing something else besides art?

Terry: If I wasn't an illustrator, I'd be doing something else with an artistic component. It's always been a part of who I am.


  
Terry Wong: Scooter Girl, http://agoodson.com/terry-wong/







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...