Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chloe Allred designed a logo for our Art for Rwanda Project

Special thanks to Chloe Allred,  a sophomore at Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, for designing our first logo for our Art for Rwanda Project. Some of my readers might have been wondering why I often posted special interviews about art projects in Rwanda. During my studies of History I wrote a paper on the Genocide in Rwanda in 1994, and what happened there really upset me. This is why I'm also sponsoring a little girl in Rwanda. A couple of years ago I actually started my own "Project Rwanda" but somehow it didn't go in the direction I wanted it to. This is why I'm now very passionate about reporting on art projects in Rwanda, because art is very powerful in creating social awareness. An interview with Chloe about her own art auction for Rwanda will follow soon. This is the logo Chloe Allred designed




I know we also have the mascot competition going but anyone can submit a logo for Rwanda too, I will then post it on TYT! If you have your own passion about a particular country (and how you maybe supported it through an art project) feel free to comment below and tell us all about it. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful project, Susanna!
    My son is involved in a project in Kenya, not art but rebuilding a secondary school after a fire. I recently posted about it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...