Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blog Art Exhibition, Danielle C. McManus "Dimension and Personality"

Danielle C. McManus is an illustrator and designer, she currently lives in New York. Danielle works on the blog A Love of Drawing. She uses a wide variety of media in her work, such as watercolor, pen and ink, crayon, drawing, computer graphics, and oil paint. Danielle is also a blog correspondent for Urban Sketchers. With tradeyourtalent she speaks about the role art plays in her life, the infinite possibilities of creativity, and why reading helps with creative blocks.























Interview with Danielle


Which role does art play in your life? 

Danielle: I would say art plays many roles in my life. As far back as I can remember I always had a crayon, marker or some kind of pen in my hand. As a kid my mom would buy me coloring books and giant sheets of wax paper to draw on.  I went through it like water! Growing up I also struggled with being shy and many times art was how I was able to talk to other kids my age.  I would say that art runs deep inside me and has allowed me to meet the most important people in my life.  Only as I have gotten older have I realized how important art is and how important it is in my life. The fact that I can get up everyday and make a drawing or go outside and draw the flowers, or travel to Paris and draw the Eiffel Tower just because, is truly wonderful. Art is a part of my everyday routine I would say.  Even days that I am not drawing images are always floating around in my head. From bright colors to figuring out how I draw someone’s ear. It’s kind of a funny thing I would say.

Can you describe your style? 

Danielle: My style is my personality. I feel the more variety and the more creative expression the better. I like to draw with a variety of materials and sometimes I even draw with chopsticks or tree sticks. It’s fun to see the infinite possibilities when it comes to creating a picture.

What do you do when you have a creative block? 

Danielle: When I have a creative block I go to the museum. I also look at art books and try to find new kinds of art to look at as well. I find the most important thing to do when I have a creative block is to read. Reading allows you to fill up your artist's well and will supply you with new information. Once you have information you can add it to your art and then you will have more to say with it. It adds dimension and personality.

Inspiration is...

Danielle: Something that can come from your heart and something you feel very deeply. 

If you could collaborate with another artist, whom would you pick?

Danielle: Well I have to say I would have loved to have collaborated with my late teacher and mentor who was a wonderful artist and teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...